We’re looking for an Office Administrator in our Durban office.
Application closing date is 17h00 (South Africa time) on 1 March 2020
See below for details on how to apply.
Purpose of the Role
The Office Administrator will ensure that Biowatch South Africa’s office administration; record-keeping system; donor and public interaction; and events are proficiently and effectively managed to ensure the overall effectiveness of the organisation. This position must further ensure that the Mtubatuba office administration runs proficiently and effectively by providing support to the Mtubatuba Administrator.
Key Performance Areas
Office Administration and Support
- Support the Biowatch Management and other staff members with their clerical and administrative needs; Manage Management schedules, calendars and appointments; Provide a professional reception function, including receiving guests and handling telephone calls; Ensure that the office administration systems, resources and equipment are well maintained and function effectively at all times; Maintain a comprehensive record system including the electronic and hard copy filing system, electronic back-up of records and document archives.
Programming and Office Management
- Events Co-ordination: Organise and arrange travel bookings, accommodation and venue arrangements for programme events and for Board members as needed; Assist and manage the planning and scheduling of Board meetings and events; Liaise and follow-up with staff, participants and Board members on all that is required including: materials needed, documents, attending to queries and processing expense claims, etc.
- Financial Support: Provide support to the Finance Department as needed; Work closely with the Finance Officer re: procurement; Invoicing; Payments.
- Office Support: Ensure that all documents and publications are properly organised and available in electronic and hard copies; Participate in all staff and organisational meetings including the annual reflection and planning; Produce minutes/records of the meetings, e.g. Monday staff meetings, quarterly meetings; Ensure all the minutes/records are filed electronically according to the organisational system; Ensure filing systems are maintained and current; Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data; Produce, manage and provide staff with the updated calendar on a weekly basis.
- IT Support: Maintain and ensure that at all times the IT system is running and supporting the organisation effectively; arrange computer support as needed; manage and ensure that all Biowatch staff are connected to Dropbox and server; manage the Dropbox by ensuring that key documents are properly filed and accessible.
- Reporting: Submit a monthly report to the Finance and Operations Manager.
Essential requirements for the Office Administrator
- Degree/Diploma in related field / Demonstrated relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5yrs experience in Office Administration.
- Non-Profit Organisation experience.
- Knowledge of Computer Programs such as Microsoft Office.
- Experience in team online communication/platforms.
- English proficiency.
- Code B drivers’ licence.
- Innovative and analytical thinker with strong communication and writing skills.
- Good listener.
- Ability to work in a team of people with diverse backgrounds and experience.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Multi-tasking and decision-making skills are essential.
- Able to prioritise tasks.
- Belief in environmental and social justice.
- Ability to remain focused whilst taking a flexible approach
- Self-motivated and able to self-manage effectively.
- Good command of English (with additional local language a distinct advantage).
- Ability to write (reports, minutes, correspondence to funders) and communicate effectively on behalf of the organisation.
Biowatch is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to withdraw the position if no suitable applicants are found.
Previous experience in an NGO or similar role would be preferential.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and a detailed job description.
Application closing date 17h00 (South Africa time) on Sunday, 1 March 2020
Salary Range: R271,297–R284,713 Per Annum Cost to Company
Start Date: Immediate / Negotiable
Click here to download this notice.